Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fringe Happens

Great venue, a lot of fun, two good audiences and another Asheville Fringe Arts Festival is in the bag.

The show went well, it was different from what I'm used to doing, and it's not my usual thing to stick to one character for a 20-minute show. The audience got into the interactive part of the show (more so on Friday). It's a pity that the LaZoom shows got cancelled and redistributed, but it looks like most people fit in BeBe. The people at BeBe were wonderfully accommodating.

"Fecal Matters" was not filmed, so if you missed it, you missed it! I saw a lot of people taking photos at the show (if anyone is reading this who took photos, it'd be nice to have a few).

Next up for the Chihuahuas is a long set of writing sessions for our upcoming summer season at 35 Below. We're going to hold some auditions in February for new writers and performers, so if you think you're funny and talented, we'd love to have you, or at least tape your audition so we can make fun of you.

3 comments:

Jennifer Saylor said...

I can't believe I missed the show. In a colossally stupid movie, I went to have new speakers installed at Best Buy at 4 p.m. on a Saturday, which isn't a good idea if you have evening plans. (I missed the Beowulf dude too, whom I really wanted to see.)

And no one picked up the FC show on BlogAsheville! I was sure someone else would, and never put it up myself.

Glad it was a great show.

George the Bastard said...

Yikes, well I hope the music sounds better now! Friday was almost a sell-out, Saturday was an oversell (mostly due to having to merge shows), I wasn't too worried about those. BlogAsheville will be bombarded once our summer shows start.

Johnny Lemuria said...

George, I shot your show, both nights (the sound quality is much better on the second show) as soon as I'm done editing the footage, I will get you a copy. I'd also like to have you and the Chihuahuas as guests on my show.