Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday already, even with the time change?

Thanks to everyone who came out to the shows this weekend.

Friday 9pm show - I'm sorry for those who didn't get tickets, those who waited patiently in the "maybe will call", and those that left. We needed one person to be point for the tickets, and it wound up with a lot of hassles. I'm looking into paypal or some other method of ticket collection for the next time we have a ticketed show and have to do our own tickets.

Show was good, been a long time since I've had to remember that many lines (this is a little easier with lines I wrote, but I am still terrible at remembering lines). We got going surprisingly on time.

Friday 10:30(ish) show - this is when the creatures come out. One of the rowdiest audiences in a long time! Stand-up set went over better the second time round (laughs help me remember jokes) - I was flying without a net for both shows since I'd left my book of cues at home. Loved the reaction to Cyrano de Bastard, which is my favorite thing I've written in a long time.

Revoluticon on Saturday - what a weird show. The post-apocalyptic shell of the former Best Western that is now a Sheraton in the making was the oddest venue. With all the renovation going on, there were no bathrooms, so one of the rooms (223) was opened up to be the restroom. There was a huge pile of chairs tossed in the parking lot, since it was only the first day of the convention I guess the hotel decided to get it out of the way and trash itself. Got there to find up there was nowhere to set up or change, so snuck off to drink heavily before the show. Once we got going it was a good show, funny crowd - I blew one line in my stand-up but got some good laughs.

So what is next? We're looking at doing something special arounf Thanksgiving, watch this space.

No comments: