Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Message from Jenny Bowen

Got this in email last night from Jenny. The Feral Chihuahuas sat for her initial "Faces of Asheville" project, and I admire her determination. I can't think of anything artistic I can contribute, I doubt scripts of Feral Chihuahuas shows (yes, there are scripts) will attract much. Maybe I should auction off a promise that I won't do my routine in front of you.

Email excerpt follows.

Kitty Love of the Lexington Ave Arts Festival was so wonderful as to fit me in last second into a shared booth at the festival this weekend. I am hoping to do a silent auction of art and services donated by the community which will benefit starting the project over.

I know many of you out there are incredibly talented members of the community - I am asking you, if at all possible, to consider donating something for the auction.

If you are a musician consider donating a couple CDs or performance tickets -
If you are an artist a few sketches, a painting, a piece of jewelry or pottery -
If you are an author a copy of your book -
If you provide a service perhaps a voucher or discount coupon -
Anything that you might see fit to donate back into the community in hopes of benefiting the whole community through reviving this worthwhile project.

This project will not be able to rise again with out YOUR help!


The Lexington Ave Arts Festival takes place THIS Sunday September 9th in downtown Asheville from 11am to 10pm. It's going to be a wonderful jolly time of Asheville heritage, arts, crafts, and fun!! The silent auction will take place all day and winners will be contacted Sunday after the festival closes.
There will also be sign-ups for interested parties to participate in the next photo-sessions for the project & free cereal will be provided by Eaties Cereal Bar!

All donations for the silent auction should be dropped off at Eaties Cereal Bar in downtown Asheville by this Saturday at 9pm. Please include a business card (or other relevant contact info) and what you would normally value your donation at.

No comments: